- Introductory Webinars
- Budget Workbook Training
- eProposal Training (Sessions I and II)
- CACTAS Training
All UCSF key personnel conducting human research must complete human subject's protection training through an online program called the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI). Review the FAQs about CITI Training for registration instructions and training details.
CITI also offers training on Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR).
UCSF's Committee on Human Research (CHR) offers training for human research proposal application and management.
UCSF's Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) provides training in the care and use of animals for faculty and others involved in animal research.
UCSF researchers must comply with federal, state and University regulations and policies regarding financial conflicts of interest and are required to report their COI status via COI Smart (available via MyAccess). See the COI Smart website for information on reporting procedures.
For access to COI Smart, please contact [email protected]
MyNCBI is a tool for faculty to save their citations (including journal articles, books, meetings, patents and presentations) in My Bibliography in order to maintain compliance with NIH Public Access Policy.
View the webinar to learn more about how to update your citations in MyNCBI.
You can download the presentation here.
For additional information on the NIH Public Access Policy, UCSF faculty and staff with a MyAccess login may watch the UCSF Library's July 2014 presentation.
Slides to this presentation may be downloaded here.
The Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) provides onboarding and ongoing training for Research Management Services and Government and Business Contracts staff. A limit number of spaces are availabe for Department Staff to audit the training courses. See below for descriptions of the training courses and for registration links.
- Who We Are - the OSR Organization
- Groups that Support Extramural Funds
- Role and Responsibilities of the RSC
- Grant Process Overview
- Grant Process Roles and Responsiblities
- Application Components
Please go here to register
- General Introduction to Budgets
- Create a budget using the RMS (Research Management Services) excel budget workbook template.
eProposal Training (Session I offered 2nd Thursday of the month, Session II 3rd Thursday of the month)
Session I - Please go here to register
- Overview of eProposal system
- Complete an uploaded Sponsor Packet proposal
- Complete a basic budget
- Route for PI, Chair and AOR approvals
- How to “Submit to Sponsor” in eProposal
Session II - Please go here to register
- Complete a detailed budget
- Complete a system to systems proposal
- Submit to Grants.gov
Please go here to register
- Overview of CACTAS system
- How to create a view
- Complete a JIT CACTAS record (initiating COI review)
- Complete a New Award CACTAS record
- Overview of other Award activities in CACTAS
- How to send emails
Please go here to register.
1. Introduction to Proposals and Building Budgets
- How to review FOAs
- Anatomy of a Budget – DC+IDC=TC
- Direct Costs
- Indirect Costs
2. Other Types of Budgets and Budget Justifications
- Modular Budgets
- Multi-Project Budgets
- Training Expense Budgets
- In-coming Subcontracts
- Budget Justifications
3. Non-Profit Budgets and Budget Policies
- Exercise: Review FOA and produce budget
- Indirect Base Codes
- Exercise: Correct F&A Rate for R, K F and T series
- UC Policy on full recovery
- On vs. Off Campus
4. Compliance Policies, Post-submission and JIT
- PI Status
- Cost Sharing
- Program Income
- REMS: Individual vs. Vital Interest
- Post Submission Material (NIH)
- JIT (NIH)
- Definition of Partnership
- Core Competencies
- Behavioral Style – find your PI
- Dealing with different types of personalities
- Meeting with your PI
- How to work with PIs who run late
6. Administrative Requirements
- NIH standard terms of award
- Prior approval requirements
- Reporting requirements
7. Award Acceptance Pt I
- Award Acceptance Overview
- Review of Federal Notice of Award
- Federal Patent Laws – Bayh-Dole
- 8 University Principles
- CACTAS Tools - Feed
8. Award Acceptance Pt II
- Agreement Term Matrix
- RPAC Contract and Grant Manual
- Common Terms in Research Agreements
- Recognize Terms and Conditions Embedded in a FOA
- Learn to use the FDP Website
- Become Familiar with FDP Template