Researchers are expected to comply with a variety of regulations and policies. This page lists the various oversight requirements, policies, and committees which are important in overseeing the sponsored research process.
UCSF Compliance Offices and Information
- Use of Humans in Research
- Use of Laboratory Animals in Research
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Conflict of Interest Advisory Committee (COIAC)
- Clinical Trials Business Support Center (CTBSC) is responsible for ensuring medical billing compliance. See How to Open a Clinical Trial with CTBSC for more information. The CTBSC Assignment Matrix provides a list of contacts.
- Technical Committees are campus committees that are mandated by regulatory and policy requirements.
There are many campus policies involved in the research administration process. These policies are primarily located in the Academic Administration (100), Financial Administration (300), and Contracts and Grants (400) sections of the Campus Administrative Policies.
Following are other UCSF policy links:
In addition to actual shipment of a commodity out of the United States, export regulations also control the transfer, release or disclosure of technical data about controlled commodities to foreign persons in the United States.
- Integrity of Research: Along with the Integrity of Research campus policy (100-29), Academic Affairs offers further procedures on Integrity of Research.
- Contracts and Grants Manual
- Academic Personnel Manual
- Accounting Manual
- Standing Orders
- UCOP Policies and Guidance Main Menu
- Business and Finance Bulletins
- Uniform Guidance effective December 26, 2014
- OMB Circular A-21: Cost Principles
- OMB Circular A-110: Administrative Principles
- OMB Circular A-133: Audit Principles
- Code of Federal Regulations
- NIH - Grants and Funding
- Federal Register
- Protecting Your Grant: Affirmative Action and Non-Discrimination: Hiring for grants at UCSF must follow laws regarding Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment.
- A&PS and Staff Title and Pay Plans
- Alameda County
- Contra Costa County
- County of Marin
- Napa County
- City and County of San Francisco
- County of San Mateo
- County of Santa Clara
- Solano County
- County of Sonoma