Did you know?
ClinicalTrials.gov is a web-based resource that provides patients, their family members, health care professionals, researchers, and the public with easy access to information on publicly and privately supported clinical studies on a wide range of diseases and conditions. The ClinicalTrials.gov Record Owner (usually the Principal Investigator) must update their ClinicalTrials.gov protocol records every 6 months (studies that are still recruiting) or 12 months (not recruiting).
In addition, records must be updated within 30 days of a change to any of the following:
- Recruitment Status and Overall Recruitment data elements on ClinicalTrials.gov
- Completion Date (see Primary Completion Date data element on ClinicalTrials.gov).
From your PRS account:
- Click on the link to the study
- Review and modify the record if necessary
- Enter the current month-year as “Record Verification Date”
- Mark as Completed (also Approve and Release only if you are the designated Responsible Party)
See How to Edit Your Study Record for details on updating study information.
For more information or questions, please contact [email protected]