On February 6, 2020, NSF conducted a webinar covering the significant changes to the Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG) (NSF 20-1). The webinar is now available for on-demand viewing.
The new PAPPG will be effective for proposals submitted or due, and awards made, on or after June 1, 2020. A chapter by chapter summary of changes is provided in the Introduction. Some significant changes include but are not limited to:
- Use of an NSF-approved format for the preparation of the biographical sketch and current and pending support documents;
- NSF is partnering with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to use SciENcv: Science Experts Network Curriculum Vitae as an NSF-approved format for preparation of both documents
- To assist the community, NSF has developed websites with additional information for the preparation of the biographical sketch and current and pending support
- New requirement for providing e-mail documentation of Program Officer approval for the submission of RAPID and EAGER proposals
- Clarification of current and pending support coverage
Please note that the current PAPPG (NSF 19-1) will continue to apply to proposals submitted for due dates and awards made prior to June 1, 2020