NOT-OD-20-026 announces NIH's plan to implement FORMS-F for grant applications due on or after May 25, 2020. Significant changes, e.g. new, deleted, or modified fields, will be made to the following application forms:
- PHS 398 Career Development Award Supplemental form
- PHS 398 Cover Page Supplemrnt
- PHS Assignment Request form
- PHS Fellowship Supplemental form
- PHS Human Subjects and Clinical Trials Information
- SBIR/STTR Information
- FORMS-F will be available in new Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) application packages beginning February 25, 2020.
- New FOAs published prior to February 25, 2020 with initial due dates on or after May 25, 2020, will be posted without application forms until the updated forms become available. Application packages will be added to these FOAs by March 25, 2020.
- Previously issued active FOAs with submission due dates on or after May 25, 2020 (except Parent FOAs for administrative suppplements, change of institution, and successor-in-interest), will be updated to add FORMS-F between February 25, 2020 and March 25, 2020.
- Administrative supplements, change of institution, and successor-in-interest parent announcements will be reissued with new FOA numbers and FORMS-F application packages and instructions on May 25, 2020. Applications started on or after May 25, must use the FORMS-F parent FOA. FORMS-E parent applications will remain available until June 25, 2020 allowing applicants one month to complete applications initiated using FORMS-E.
- Applications with due dates on or before May 24, 2020 must use FORMS-E
- Applications submitted under the NIH Late Policy 2-week consideration window that were submitted on or before May 24, 2020 must use FORMS-E
- Applications submitted by June 7, 2020 under the NIH Continuous Submission Policy for the May 7, 2020 AIDS due date must use FORMS-E
NIH plans to provide additional guidance and confirmation of implementation plans in early 2020.