Effective March 26, 2018, NSF implemented a new account management system for FastLane and Research.gov.
- Users can create and self-manage accounts (personal information and role requests).
- Administrators will now approve/disapprove role requests, assign and remove roles.
Existing NSF Accounts
- Existing account holders are advised to login to FastLane/Research.gov to initiate migration of their account to the new account management system.
- Account holders will be asked to verify information to be transferred to the new system.
- Each user can have only one NSF ID.
- Account migration is targeted for completion by May 1, 2018.
- Existing users can go to the NSF ID Lookup Page to find their NSF ID.
- If you have an NSF ID and forgot your password, click here.
- New users can register here, after first checking the NSF ID Lookup Page
- This new account management functionality is being released first to the Administrator, PI, AOR, SPO, GRFP Coordinating Official, and Award Cash Management Service (ACM$) groups.
- NSF plans to eventually expand the new functionality in the future to additional groups including proposal reviewers, SRFP applicants, and NSF staff.