In those instances where prior approval is required for the carryover of unobligated funds, please note that most NIH Institutes/Centers (ICs) will only approve a request once they have the final unobligated balance. While we recommend discussing the carryover request with NIH Grants Management as early as possible, please be aware that many ICs are requiring that the carryover request be submitted only after the Federal Financial Report (FFR) is accepted by the NIH Office of Financial Management.
NOT-OD-16-047 announces the budgetary levels for Kirschstein-NRSA awards effective FY 2016:
ASSIST is now available as an option for:
- All single and multi-project, competing grant applications
- Single-project administrative supplements
- Single-project, post-award successor-in-interest (type 6) requests
- Single-project, post-award change of institution (type 7) requests
See NOT-OD-16-042 for details and resources.
Implementation is anticipated as early as FY2017 and when implemented applications will be expected to provide the following:
Institutional Training Grant Applications (D43, T15, T32/TL1, T34, T35, T36, T37, T90/R90, and U2R)
Updates to the RPPR instructions will be released by January 25, 2016.
- Progress reports submitted on or after January 25, 2016 will address updated instructions.
- Progress reports initiated prior to release of updates may use current forms while following updated instructions.
Updates affect Section B – Accomplishments, specifically: