Burroughs Wellcome Fund Career Awards for Medical Scientists
Internal Due Date: July 30, 2014
Sponsor Due Date: October 1, 2014
Macy Foundation Faculty Scholars Program
Internal Due Date: September 15, 2014
Sponsor Due Date: February, 2015
|MONTH OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCED||FOUNDATION||PROGRAM NAME||
|January||Packard Foundation||Fellowships for Science and Engineering||Basic||W/in 3 years of Faculty Appt.|
|January||National Comprehensive Cancer Network||Young Investigator Award|
|January||NIBIB||Research Education Programs for Residents and Clinical Fellows (R25)|
|February||American Association of Medical Colleges||Nickens Faculty Fellowship||Health Care Disparities||Assist. Prof. w/in 3 Years of Appt.|
|February||William T. Grant Foundation||Scholars Program||Translational||Within 7 years of terminal degree|
|February||V Foundation||Scholar Award||Basic Translational||Ladder-Rank w/in 5 years of Appt. as Assist. Prof.|
|March||V Foundation||Translational Grant||Clinical Translational||PI Pair with Basic and Clinical Expertise|
|March||American Diabetes Association||Pathway to Stop Diabetes|
|April||Keck Foundation||Medical Research Program Science and Engineering||Basic|
|April||Brain Research Foundation||Scientific Innovations Award in Neuroscience||Basic Clinical||Tenured Associate Professor|
|May||St. Baldrick's Foundation||Infrastructure Grants|
|May||Pew Foundation||Pew Scholars Program in Biomedical Sciences||Basic Clinical||W/in 3 years of Assist. Prof. Appt.|
|June||Gabrielle's Angel Foundation for Cancer Research||Integrative Medical Research||Translational|
|June||Gabrielle's Angel Foundation for Cancer Research||Mainstream / Conventional Research||Translational||Assistant Professor|
|June||Burroughs Wellcome Fund||Career Awards for Medical Scientists (CAMS)||Basic Translational||More than 2 years Post-Doctoral Exp. and w/in 2 years of Jr. Faculty Appt.|
|June||Kinship Foundation||Searle Scholars Program||Basic||W/in one year Post-Assist. Prof. Appt.|
|June||Greenwall Foundation||Faculty Scholars Program in Bioethcis||Bioethics||More than 60% Jr. Tenured Fac. Appt.|
|July||Burroughs Wellcome Fund||Investigators in the Pathogenesis of Infectious Disease||Basic Clinical||Assistant Professor|
|August||Paul G. Allen Foundation||Science and Technology Program|
|September||Keck Foundation||Medical Research Program Science and Engineering||Basic|
|October||Brain Research Foundation||Seed Grant Program||Basic Clinical||Tenure-track Assist./Ass. Prof.|
|October||Rita Allen||Scholars Program||Basic||Young Investigators|
|November||Mary Kay Foundation||Innovative / Translational Cancer Research Grant Program||Translational||Open|
|November||Amer. Assoc. of Cancer Inst.||Translational Cancer Research Fellowship|
|December||St. Baldrick's Foundation||Fellow|
|December||St. Baldrick's Foundation||Scholar|
|December||St. Baldrick's Foundation||Research Grants||Open|
|December||St. Baldrick's Foundation||Consortium Research Grants||Open|
|December||St. Baldrick's Foundation||Supportive Care Research Grants||Open|
|December||Macy Foundation||Faculty Scholars Program||Education||5 years or more as Fac. Member|
|December||Hyundai||Hope on Wheels|
|December||Dana Foundation||David Mahoney Neuroimaging Program||Basic||Young Investigators|
Limited submission opportunities (LSOs) are extramural funding opportunities that either limit the number of applications UCSF may put forward to a given sponsor or require another kind of internal coordination (e.g., to eliminate unnecessary duplication of instrument requests). The Limited Submission Program (LSP) is responsible for notifying the campus of these opportunities, coordinating the internal review and selection process, and notifying all applicants of outcomes.
Who Manages LSOs?
The Limited Submission Program (LSP) within the Research Development Office (RDO) manages all LSOs. For more information, contact Gail Fisher, Manager, at 415/502-1807.
The LSP is governed by an Advisory Committee charged with establishing policies and procedures. The Advisory Committee is sponsored by the Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost.
- Kathryn Lee, Chair, RN, PhD, FAAN, CBSM
- Mark Anderson, MD, PhD
- Jefferey Cox, PhD
- Hana El-Samad, PhD
- Michael Fischbach, PhD
- Bo Huang, PhD
- Ophir Klein, MD, PhD
- Mike McCune, MD, PhD
- Margaret Tempero, MD
- UCSF receives an invitation from a private foundation to submit nominees, a federal funding opportunity becomes available or the LSP receives notification of an LSO.
- Under the direction of the Chair, Advisory Committee members are contacted in order to identify a Review Committee comprised of faculty best qualified in the specific area of the opportunity to review applications.
- The opportunity is announced to the campus via the LSP listserv and applications are invited. To subscribe to the LSP listserv, please contact Gail Fisher. A list of all current LSOs is also maintained online.
- All applications are due by 3pm on the internal due date, unless stated otherwise in the announcement.
- Each application is reviewed and scored by at least two reviewers, and a nominee is invited to move forward with a full application.
- The LSP coordinates with UCSF's Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations to provide editorial support for nominees to certain foundation opportunities. Nominees are always notified if this support is available.
- The LSP's involvement ends with results notification to all applicants. PIs should check with department RMS teams to identify the date by which they need the full application prior to the sponsor application due date.
Gail Fisher is the primary contact for general inquiries about the limited submission process. For more information contact Gail Fisher at 415/502-1807.